1. Terms, conditions and definitions
– the Conference;
– the Conference website and their related sub-domains including those pertaining to registration for attendance at the Conference;
– the Conference app;
– online surveys relating to the Conference;
– messages sent via the Conference support portal; and
– the Conference official social media channels.
Personal information processed in connection with the Services is controlled by Europa Media Non-Profit, with offices located at Záhony street, 7, 1031 Budapest, company registration number: 01-09-918081, VAT identification number: HU2195955.
2. Sources of data and what we collect
Untold Stories Budapest collects 1) Technical and 2) User data from its visitors.
1. Technical data includes: Browser name, the type of computer or device, time spent on website, interaction with the Services, URL of the website you visited before and after visiting the Services, the time and date of user visits, surfing habits, IP address, operating system and the Internet service providers
utilized and other similar technical information.
To make this Website work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too. A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage. For more information please read the article about
The website also stores a permanent authentication cookie (ci_auth) on your device while you are logged in to your account. This cookie is required; by disabling it you would not be able to sign in and manage your account.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
2. User data includes: (i) first and last name; (ii) address details, (iii) telephone number, (iv) e-mail address, (v) your location when you use our services, (vi) payment details, (vii) other personal data you provide yourself to be identified easier, (viii) from public sources such as your social media accounts the number of followers you have on your Twitter account/Facebook page/Linkedin profile.
Untold Stories Budapest can collect data beyond the aforementioned categories. User data can be collected from our customers when they register to our services, buy a ticket, and fill in the application form on the website via Typeform or purchase the ticket from Evenbrite. In this latter case, inserted data by applicants will be shared with Eventbrite’s platform. Data from customers and visitors will be collected only if it is provided on a voluntary basis on the Untold Stories Budapest website or use the payment services from the website.
3. How we use the data
We use your information in order to provide, operate, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services, including:
3.1 Providing and improving the requested Services. We use your personal information as necessary to run the Conference, such as to register attendees, issue tickets, facilitate information sharing with the sponsors and professional partners (Microsoft, Kitchen Budapest and Hiventures Venture Capital Fund Management Zrt.) with whom you have consented for us to share information, and provide you with relevant connections and content during the Conference based on this information and your use of the Conference app.
3.2 Communicating with you. We use your personal information to contact you regarding your registration to attend, to notify you of any changes to our policies and practices, for commercial, sales or investment purposes, and to respond to any requests or inquiries you may submit to us. We may collect information from these communications to improve our Services and for the training and development of our staff.
3.4 Improve attendees’ experience at our event. We will share with our list of investors and sponsors the data collected from startups who were selected to attend Untold Stories Budapest. The goal is to maximize the potential benefits and facilitate the interactions that both sides will gain from participating to the event.
4. Transfer to countries outside Europe
We may transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Union and the European Economic Area. When we transfer any data to a country for which no adequacy decision of the European Commission exits, such transfer will be subject to the provisions of the (standard or other) clauses adopted by the European Commission. If you wish to know more about international transfers of your personal data,
you may contact us via the contact details above.
5. Storage period
Untold Stories does not store your personal data longer than is legally permitted and necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected. The storage period depends on the nature of the information and the purposes of processing. The maximum period may therefore vary per use. In general, we store data for the provision of services for a maximum of five years after our relation ended.
6. Your rights
You have the right to:
- Request access to personally identifiable information we hold about you;
- Ask us to update, delete or stop using your personally identifiable information;
- Stop receiving communications from us; and
- Ask us to port your data to another service provider if technically feasible, or to provide you with a copy of personally identifiable information we hold about you in a structured, electronic format.
7. Applicable Law and Dispute Resolution
These Terms shall be governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Hungary. Any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms, or the breach, termination or validity thereof that cannot be agreed upon by means of negotiation between the parties shall be finally settled by the Hungarian court.
9. Contact us
Europa Media Non-Profit Ltd.
Záhony utca 7
1031 Budapest, Hungary